Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Guest Blog :: Let's Dance

In anticipation of the new flick Step Up 3D, one must prepare by familiarising oneself with the intricate plot of Step Up 2: The Streets. Yes, it was released two years ago…but I’ve been…busy and so it’s on the list. And as there may be significant changes and challenges the dance students go through – the times they are a-changing… I need to be on top of such matters before I can progress to the next film. It’s important. And so are priorities. And now that my secret love of this particular genre of movies is out... Let's continue.

Step Up 1

Step Up 2

I love dance movies in general. It's the teen drama, mixed with romance...topped off with the all essential action makes for the perfect blend of inspirational entertainment. So here goes, a list of dance related feature films that I have come to appreciate.

Strictly Ballroom

Strictly Ballroom. Australian drama, representing Australian culture and the emergence of dance culture before it became so hip as it is today. Classic. If it wasn’t for such a film as this, would the dance film genre have evolved into the world that it has become?
Save the Last Dance

And must not forget to mention Save the Last Dance, Stomp the Yard, Billy Elliot, Hairspray, Honey (gosh it’s corny but good) Saturday Night Fever, Center Stage, Singing in the Rain, West Side Story…I could go on and on, but hey! Perhaps you could let me know your favourites??


Dirty Dancing

And last but not least, I must of course mention Dirty Dancing. Alas, whilst I cannot join with the masses of fans who adore this movie…it does deserve a mention. And as it is with all these movies that take you into a world of thrills and moves you can only imagine achieving via the screen…unless of course you’re unlike me and extremely blessed with coordination, balance and rhythm.

And now I will love you and leave you with an inspiring clip to launch you in to an inspiring day.

Happy Wednesday!

Luce
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. Seriously. It's a little pathetic... xx